U.S. airlines warn over pause in TSA PreCheck and Global Entry programs amid DHS shutdown
The halt in the programs run by the Department of Homeland Security will begin from 6 a.m. ET Sunday, after the partial shutdown began last week.
Last updated: 2026-02-22 13:54:44 ET
Pulse AI Brief
Updated Feb 22, 2026 12:00 PM ET
The Department of Homeland Security has suspended TSA PreCheck and Global Entry lanes at U.S. airports due to the ongoing government shutdown. The suspension began early Sunday morning, affecting thousands of travelers who rely on expedited security processing.
Airlines are bracing for increased delays and potential disruptions, which could impact stock prices in the travel sector. The halt may also affect consumer sentiment towards air travel, potentially reducing bookings.
This development underscores the broader impact of the government shutdown on critical infrastructure and services, highlighting vulnerabilities in national security and economic stability.
The halt in the programs run by the Department of Homeland Security will begin from 6 a.m. ET Sunday, after the partial shutdown began last week.
The negotiators want to 'evaluate the latest developments', the source says, following the U.S.'s move to raise its global import tariffs to 15% from 10%.
The more than 20 million Americans who pay for expedited airport security with TSA PreCheck will be stuck with everyone else as long as the government...
Democrats accuse DHS of ‘kneecapping’ programs that help speed registered travelers through security lines The US Department of Homeland Security...
Homeland Security Secretary Kristi Noem said in a statement that TSA and Customs and Border Protection "are prioritizing the general traveling populat...
President Trump raised his new, global tariffs to 15%, one day after the Supreme Court struck down many of his punishing taxes. Willie James Inman rep...
US President Donald Trump is now using alternative legal routes to levy tariffs, but critics say his authority to impose them is still limited.
The president is turning to an untested legal authority to rebuild his global tariff regime.
The move signaled that the president would press ahead with steep global import taxes despite the legal setback from the Supreme Court.
After the Supreme Court outlawed most of his tariffs on Friday, Trump announced new global tariffs of 10%. On Saturday he said he would increase these...